The altar guild is to serve. It serves by:
– making sure the chancel is maintained and set up for communion and baptisms,
– seeing to it the paraments and linens are put out, cleaned, and stored appropriately, and
– setting in order, cleaning, and putting away the sacramental vessels and linens.
Serving on the altar guild is also a spiritual commitment. Members of the altar guild should be:
– devoted to their tasks,
– be reliable in carrying out their assignments,
– be humble and reverent in their work, and
– be joyful for the privilege they have in serving their Lord.
Serving the Alter Guild in May are Vickie Aukes and Leanne Fraley